Sunday, March 3, 2013

2 Week Recap!

Okay so it has been forever since I have posted anything.  The reason-The Princess Half Marathon! More on that later.

The week of February 18 I was home for winter vacation.  Dave only had Monday and Tuesday off.  It was also the week before the Princess Half marathon.  I didn't run too much over the week.  I did the following:

Tuesday: 2.66
Wednesday: 4.12
Thursday: Rest-Spent the day with the boys eating pizza and going to the Peabody Museum.
Friday: Travel Day
Saturday: 2.12
Sunday: Princess Half Marathon 13.36 miles
I will tell you all about the race someday this week.

This week I really didn't do much running at all!  I ran one day.
Saturday: 3.44

Total Miles these two weeks:  25.7
Total Miles this year: 154.11 miles

I really didn't run much this week for two reasons:  I was so tired from the short trip to Disney, running the race on Sunday morning with a 3 am wake up call, then traveling the same day and not getting home until 12:45 in the morning.  It was also back to work and had to work a full week, which I haven't done  in forever because of all of the snow days!!  (That was one reason with many factors!) The other reason is on Wednesday I hurt my knee walking into school, not running, walking!
When I ran on Saturday it felt okay but I didn't want to over do it!  I was planning on running today, Sunday, but I decided that I would give my knee another day to rest because it was feeling much better.  I will ice it again tonight!
In the mean time:
I signed up for another race, which is in 5 weeks.  I am just going to take the same training plan and start on week 6 and I will be all ready for my next half.  Half number 5!

Here is the plan for this week:

Write a Princess Half Marathon Race Recap!
Day 1: 4 miles
Day 2: 2 miles
Day 3: 4 miles
Day 4: 8 miles
Day 5: 3 miles

With the weather getting warmer I will be more willing to run in the morning.  I am really looking forward to a warm up!!  NO MORE SNOW!!!!!

Okay that's it for now but here is one of my favorite pictures from the race:
Getting Ready to run through the castle!  It was a truly amazing feeling!!!

I will be working on the post of the race this week!  It truly was an amazing experience.

~A weekly recap from a running on a runDisney high!



No comments:

Post a Comment