Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Not So Many Miles Recap and Other Random Things!

A strange weekly recap!!

This past week I should have run a lot more than I did.  The problem was that I couldn't take my sinuses pounding anymore.  I went to the doctor and got medicine for a sinus infection.  I wanted to rest this week so I would feel better for the race in Florida.  So here is what I did.  

Saturday: 5 Miles outside
Sunday: 7.24

WOW!  I guess that was a taper!  
But I am feeling better!!

Weekly total: 12.24 miles 
Yearly total: 128.41

The rest of the week will be:
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 4 miles 
Friday: Rest 
Saturday: 2 miles in Florida
Sunday: PRINCESS HALF MARATHON!!

I am getting all ready for the race!  I can't wait.  Don't worry I will tell all about it!

Everybody is home again because of February vacation or a long weekend for Presidents Day.  We have been having a blast.  Date night with Dave...drove for over an hour and ended up at a restaurant 5 minutes from our house! At least Dave and I were able to have uninterrupted conversation.  WIth the kids we have been playing hide n seek and freeze dance party.  These kids just get cooler by the day!  I am so lucky!  




Another vacation project:
Dave made this for me, with a little help from his step mom, she made the letters with her cricket!  I wanted something to hang my medals on but I didn't want to spend money considering I only have two medals as of today!  Dave used an old wood plague that I had hanging in my room when I was little.  He sanded and painted it white.  He bought the hooks for cheap at Home Depot. I know that it is bare now but by the end of the year it will have many more medals.  We hung it in the hallway that brings us downstairs, so I will see it just about everyday!  It will be great motivation. 






Random thought~I am not sure that I am going to get to do the Disney Marathon 2014, even thought I really want to go!   I have run a marathon before so Disney wouldn't be my first marathon but it would be my first in many years.  So here is my question: 

Should I run a different marathon this year? and if so what marathon should I run?  Needs to be somewhere fairly close to Connecticut!
OR Should I wait and have my next marathon be the Disney Marathon? (For those of you who don't know...I LOVE DISNEY, I am going 3 times this year. One of the reasons why I don't think I can go to the marathon in 2014.)






2 comments:

  1. How exciting - best of luck for your half!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the luck and thanks for the first comment on my blog! I have been writing for about 6 weeks, don't really know what I am doing but decided that I would start to share the blog! Thanks for checking it out and showing support!

      Delete