Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Weekly Recap!! Jan. 7-13th

Week 4 completed for the Princess Half Marathon!!!

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 3 miles
Sunday: 4 miles

Total miles this week: 15
Total miles this year: 31

I felt really good this week!  All of my runs have been faster than when I was training for the Hartford Half!  I am not really worried about time for the Princess Half because I want to just enjoy it!  However  for the other races I will be thinking PR!

As for other races I have made some decisions about what I am going to do!
The next race after the Princess that I have registered for is a race in memory of Sandy Hook!  I am a teacher and Newtown not far my house at all!  I have driven through Newtown many times.  The race,
Sandy Hook Run for the Families will be in March.  I don't like to run 5K's because I am slow and feel like I am coming in last, but the cause is way more important than worrying about my time!  A group of teachers are going to walk/run this together!  I am really looking forward to this race and with my times getting faster I might actually really try to run this race to see how fast I can run a 5k.
Next up will be the CheshireHalfMarathonand5K.  This race is right in the town that I live in and the course follows many of the roads that I run on.  Sounds fun to me.
The last race that I registered for is the UnitedHealthcare Triple Crown.  This means that I signed up for 3 half marathons all in RI: one in May, then July, and last in October.
I have registered for 5 half marathons so far for 2013...only 2 more to goal to reach my goal.  I think that this is very doable!!
The next big decision that I have made is that I am not going to run a full marathon in 2013 but I am planning on doing the Disney Marathon in 2014.  Maybe I will do the Goofy...if I am Goofy enough.

Okay what is on the schedule for next week:

Day 1- 3miles
Day 2- 2 miles (hard)
Day 3- 3 miles
Day 4- 7 miles
Day 5- 3 miles

~Weekly Recap from a runner finding her happy pace




No comments:

Post a Comment