Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 1 Jan.

My goals are posted and I am on my way!!

I never really introduced myself so let me do that.  I am 33 years old.  I am a wife, married to my high school sweetheart.  We met in 8th grade band.  We have three kids.  Two boys, J-5, I-4 and a sweet little girl you who is going to be 15 months who I will call A.  I am a teacher by day, a mom and runner by night, well early morning for the running part.  I try hard to get my butt out of bed in the morning so I can get my runs in before I start my busy day.  If I am lazy I then get in my running at night.  I started running the summer of 2012 after a LONG break from running.  In 2005 I ran my first marathon and after that I said that I would never run again.  After having three kids I needed to do something.  I was doing Zumba and don't get me wrong I loved going to Zumba the problem was it only happened at certain times and those times I either couldn't make it or it was right in the middle of our family time.  I needed something that I could do when ever so I started running again.  It really started during our family vacation to Disney World (WE LOVE DISNEY!!!) I thought that if I signed up to run the Princess Half in Feb. of 2013 then I would be able to go to Disney again.  When we returned home form Disney in early July I signed up, started running and haven't stopped since.  I even ran the Hartford Half in Oct., which I had done in 2001.  Now that I have been running for 6 months I remember why I was a runner before.  Running helps me to be a better person.
Now I have plans and goals all centered around running!  I am happy to call myself a runner again!!

I never got to write down what I needed to get done this week, so here it is!  You will have to wait and see if I get it all done until the weekend.  

Day 1- 3 miles
Day 2- 2 miles
Day 3- 3 miles
Day 4- 6 miles
Day 5- 2 miles

The weather is dry but COLD!!!  I am really liking all the items that I got for running in the cold.  So far it is keeping me warm.

~Just another note from a Runner finding her Happy Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment